Hurricanes and Tropical Storms are very common in Florida. They are among the most dreaded natural disasters in this area. Although hurricanes’ category and trajectory can be predicted in advance, once they hit land there’s no way to anticipate the devastation they bring. Hurricanes and storms can damage and even destroy houses, businesses, and entire neighborhoods.
Property losses associated with storms and hurricanes can have a deep impact on your life.
In addition to damage caused by winds and flying objects, continuous rain and floods bring the most severe affectations. Damage to your walls, roof, doors, and windows may let water and winds get into your premises and cause bigger problems, turning your life upside down.
If you’ve been affected by storm or hurricane damage, we recommend, as a first step, that you call us immediately.
Our public adjusters will meet you at the property to evaluate the damages, review your policy, and assess claim viability. We will help you to thoroughly and carefully document your claim in order to prevent it from being denied or minimized by the insurance company. We insist that you call Omni Claims Consultants immediately because, by becoming involved since the very beginning of the claim, we can set the tone for the entire negotiation process and ensure that you receive the most from your insurance company.
Remember, Omni Claims Consultants will represent your interest, not the insurance company. We work only on your behalf to make sure that you receive the maximum possible settlement. We will be there to advocate only for you and your property.
In addition to calling us, you may also take additional steps to secure your property and prevent further damage and fatal accidents.
Here’s a short list of recommendations and advice from our experts:
- Where possible, try to mitigate the damage. For example, if your roof is damaged try to put a tarp on it. If your windows are broken try to cover them with plywood. (Remember that it is your responsibility to prevent further damages from affecting your property).
- We strongly advise that you document all damages to your property. Take as many photographs and videos as you can.
- Make a written list of everything that was damaged by the storm.
- Try to gather any information related to previous repairs done to your property.
- If, due to damage, your property becomes unlivable and you have to make additional expenses such as accommodations, food, hotels, etc., we recommend that you keep all receipts for these expenses.
Repairs associated with storm and hurricane damage can be very expensive. That’s why it’s important to have Omni Claims Consultants on your side right from the beginning. Don’t forget to call us right away.