Mold will grow fast in moist, dark areas of your property. It is more commonly found in bathrooms, basements, wood inside your walls, and carpeting. This type of damage can occur as a result of a broken pipe, flooding, seepage, and many other water-related issues.
A mold infection can go unnoticed for a long time, until it starts affecting your health.
Spores and other toxins released by mold will find their way into air ducts and spread throughout the entire property. These toxins may trigger serious allergic reactions in sensitive people. In addition to health problems, mold can cause a variety of other issues, such as permanent damage to your belongings and weakening of the building structure.
If your property has suffered from mold damage, we recommend that you call Omni Claims Consultants right away.
Our experienced public adjusters will be there to assess the full scope of your losses, review your policy, and assess claim viability. We will help you to meticulously document your claim in order to prevent it from being denied or minimized.
We insist that you call us immediately because, by becoming involved since the very beginning of the claim, we can set the tone for the entire negotiation process and ensure that you receive the most from your insurance company. We work only on your behalf and we will be there to advocate only for you and your property. Call Omni Claims Consultants as soon as you can. The sooner the better!
In addition to calling us, you may also take additional steps to protect your health and prevent further damage to your property.
Here’s a short list of recommendations and advice from our experts:
- Do not attempt to remove mold by yourself. It doesn’t matter how mild the damage appear to be, mold is always a serious issue that must be handled solely by qualified professionals.
- Where possible, try to mitigate the damage. For example, shutting off the water and removing any carpeting and padding that has the potential for a new mold infection. (Remember that, as the insured, it is your obligation to mitigate further damages to your property).
- Take Pictures, as many as you can. Document everything, even details that may seem irrelevant. A varied and accurate documentation of the damages to your property will help our experts to represent your claim with your insurance company.
- Make notes of the time, date, and visible mold damage to the structure and any of your belongings.
- If, due to damage, your property becomes unlivable and you have to make additional expenses such as accommodations, food, hotels, etc., we recommend that you keep all receipts for these expenses.
Remember, it’s important to have Omni Claims Consultants on your side right from the beginning. Don’t forget to call us immediately.