If you see water stains extending or bubbling across your ceilings or running down your walls, your property may be suffering from roof leaks. Roof leaks are common in humid areas, like Florida. They may be caused by broken or displaced shingles, clogged gutters, fallen trees or branches, broken lashings, and improperly installed skylights.
A roof is probably the most crucial element of your property.
Hence, when your roof is damaged, more damage is sure to follow. If not tackled on time, roof leaks can lead to major problems for your property and belongings; from mold growth, damaged ceilings, and destroyed insulation to structural damage such as rotted framing. As a consequence, your health can be negatively impacted and your roof could even collapse.
If your roof is leaking, contacting the experts should be your first step.
Don’t waste time; call Omni Claims Consultants immediately. Our experienced public adjusters will meet you at your property to assess the full scope of your losses, review your policy, and assess claim viability. We will help you to carefully document your claim in order to prevent it from being denied or minimized by the insurance company.
By becoming involved since the very beginning of the claim, Omni Claims Consultants can set the tone for the entire negotiation process and ensure that you receive the most from your insurance company. We work only on your behalf to make sure that you receive the maximum possible settlement. We will be there to advocate only for you and your property. Call Omni Claims Consultants as soon as you can. The sooner the better!
In addition to calling us, you may also take additional steps to secure your property and prevent further damage and fatal accidents.
Here’s a short list of recommendations and advice from our experts:
- Our first advice is for you to safeguard yourself. Do not attempt to do anything that may put you or your family at risk. It doesn’t matter how mild your roof damage appear to be, always contact a professional remediation company.
- Where possible, try to mitigate the damage. For example, removing any furniture, carpeting, and padding that has the potential for mold growth. (Remember that, as the insured, it is your obligation to mitigate further damages to your property).
- Take Pictures, as many as you can. Document everything, even details that may seem irrelevant. A varied and accurate documentation of the damages to your property will help our experts to represent your claim with your insurance company.
- Make notes of the time, date, and visible damage to the structure and any of your belongings.
- If, due to damage, your property becomes unlivable and you have to make additional expenses such as accommodations, food, hotels, etc., we recommend that you keep all receipts for these expenses.
Claims involving roof leaks are complex and insurance companies expect that you provide accurate documentation and many supporting documents to review and process your claim.
That’s why it’s important to have Omni Claims Consultants on your side right from the beginning. Don’t forget to call us right away.