Damage caused by water can strike unexpectedly. Sudden and accidental leaks may cause severe water damage to your property and your belongings. Among the most common causes behind this type of damage are broken pipes, pipe bursts, slab leaks, heater line breaks, overflowing shower, overflowing toilet, overflowing sink, toilet leaks, blockage in your plumbing system, sewage backups, and appliance malfunction such as broken washing machines, air-conditioner leaks, and dishwashers leaks.
It’s important to know that water can affect multiple areas of your property.
When you have a burst pipe, water will spread from floor to floor; so, there may be additional damage even when you cannot see it. It may include—but is not limited to—several stories in the same building or house, more than one room, walls, roofs, and floors. Another damage associated with water is the spread of mold and mildew. If left unattended, this type of damage may result in negative impacts to your health and in very expensive repairs to your property.
Contacting the experts should be your first step.
If your property has suffered from water damage, it is recommended that you call Omni Claims Consultants immediately. Our experienced public adjusters will meet you at your property to assess the full scope of your losses, review your policy, and assess claim viability. We will help you to carefully document your claim in order to prevent it from being denied or minimized by the insurance company.
By becoming involved since the very beginning of the claim, Omni Claims Consultants can set the tone for the entire negotiation process and ensure that you receive the most from your insurance company. We work only on your behalf to make sure that you receive the maximum possible settlement. We will be there to advocate only for you and your property. Call Omni Claims Consultants as soon as you can. The sooner the better!
In addition to calling us, you may also take additional steps to secure your property and prevent further damage and fatal accidents.
Here’s a short list of recommendations and advice from our experts:
- Our first advice is for you to safeguard yourself. Do not attempt to do anything that may put you or your family at risk. It doesn’t matter how mild your property’s water damage appear to be, always take extreme caution when entering an affected house or room.
- Where possible, try to mitigate the damage. For example, shutting off the water and removing any carpeting and padding that has the potential for mold growth. (Remember that, as the insured, it is your obligation to mitigate further damages to your property).
- Take Pictures, as many as you can. Document everything, even details that may seem irrelevant. A varied and accurate documentation of the damages to your property will help our experts to represent your claim with your insurance company.
- Make notes of the time, date, and visible damage to the structure and any of your belongings.
- If, due to damage, your property becomes unlivable and you have to make additional expenses such as accommodations, food, hotels, etc., we recommend that you keep all receipts for these expenses.
Remember, it’s important to have Omni Claims Consultants on your side right from the beginning. Don’t forget to call us right away!